Dept of Gen. & Surgical Gastroenterology
The Surgical Gastroentrology department boosts of not only good clinicians but also the availability of modern technologies in form of sophisticated endoscopes and accessories alongwith other investigational instruments and facilities. The department carries out a number of procedures, which are both diagnostic as well as therapeutic in nature.
- Diagnostic Gastroscopy - to visualize food pipe / stomach / beginning of small intestine.
- Colonoscopy / illeoscopy - to visualize anus, rectum, large intestine, terminal end of small intestine.
- Therapeutic - UGI - Extraction of a foreign body e.g. coin, key, metal pipes. impacted food particles etc. Sclerotherapy of oesophageal varices, Endoscopic treatment of bleeding ulcers & coagulation, Polypectomy, stent placement, dilation of stricture, Achalasia dilatation, Pyloric dilation, Coagulation of bleeding points, Injection of glue into oesophageal varices, Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy.
- LGI - Polypectomy Stricture dilation of bleeding vessel.
- ERCP - Sphincterotomy Stent placement - CBD / pancreatic to relieve biliary and pancreatic obstruction, Stone extraction, Placement of naso biliary drainage.
- Liver biopsy - This procedure is done to diagnose diseases of the liver so as to give appropriate treatment.
The division of Gastro Intestinal & Hepatobilliary Surgery provides state of the art care in liver, gall bladder, pancreas and bowel surgery.
- The Department of gastroenterology has upgraded video Endoscopy technology.
- Liver resection surgeries for benign and maligant tumours.
- Surgery for gallbladder and bile duct cancer, biliary strictures, galistone disease
- Surgery for pancreatic cancer, chronic pancreatitis
- Management of acute pancreatitis.
- Portal hypertension surgery, shunt surgery and devascularisation procedures.
- Surgery for benign and malignant bowel pathologies.
- Laparoscopic Surgery including diagnostic and staging laparoscopies, laparoscopic cholecystectomy and advanced procedures such as biliary calculus surgery, laparoscopic liver resection, laparoscopy assisted bowel resection etc.
M.S, FIAGES, FMAS
- Dept of Gen. & Surgical Gastroenterology
- Dept of Gastroenterology
- Dept of Cardiology
- Dept of Cardiac Surgery
- Intensive Care Unit ( ICU )
- Dept of Nephrology
- Dept of Neurology
- Dept of Neuro Surgery
- Dept of ENT
- Dept of Orthopedic
- Dept of Physiotherapy
- Dept of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Dept of Pediatrics & Neonatology
- Dept of Opthalmology
- Dept of Radiology
- Dept of Diet & Nutrition
- Dept of Anesthesiology
- Dept of Internal Medicine
- Dept. of Maxillofacial Surgery
- Dept. of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Dept. of Urology
- Dept. of Dermatology
- Dep. of Pathology
- Health Check up facility